Download of free list tool version 8.2
From this page, you can download the free list tool that allows you to scan which data can be recovered from JFS filesystems. Select the AIX version for which you want to download the free list tool :
How to use the list utility:
Usage sample of list utility on a JFS filesystem
Example recovery of files deleted on a JFS2 filesystem
Example recovery from crfs on a JFS2 filesystem
In case you have problems downloading this software or you have troubles executing the software, please contact us.
If you want to be kept informed automatically on the latest developments regarding the data recovery solutions Compunix, you can subscribe to our Newsletter.
Features and characteristics of list utility
- support for AIX 4.3, AIX 5.x, AIX 6.1 and AIX 7.x
- support for JFS2 on AIX 5.x, AIX 6.1 and AIX 7.x
- includes support for encrypted file-systems. Licensed version supports recovery of encrypted files to a different encrypted filesystem.
- automatic detection of Oracle table-spaces that can be recovered, showing database names and table-spaces (is limited to specific releases of Oracle)
- build-in file-typing for faster analysis
- better recovery in case of massive deletions on JFS2. Now almost full recovery is possible, including file-names.
- interactive intuitive mode : using standard commands such as cd, ls, od, file you walk the directory structure to see what can be recovered.
- recovery utility has additional commands such as cp and recoverdir (not included in list utility)
- software will analyse complete filesystem and list how many 'files' could be recovered.
- show file-type
- show first 80 bytes of file
- show pathname of file
- doesn't need root permission for executing
- only requires READ permission to the logical volume you want to 'list'
- easy usage 'vxfslist file-name' will give you a list of recoverable data
- implementation of status file : after analysis is performed, status information is saved and can be used for quick start the next time around.